Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Amarok and Intrepid

Amarok and Gnome don't always play nice. I've looked for alternatives to Amarok, and I just haven't found one that matches Amarok. In fact, I have never experienced a better jukebox (for lack of a better word). Any OS. Any MP3 player. Period.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Amarok, Gnome, and Intrepid.
Amarok has behaved much more stable in Intrepid for me. I had it crash on me a lot in Hardy, so I welcome the improvement. However, I, rather stupidly, checked a box on a warning box. In the past, I would always just say retry and it worked like a champ. Amarok hasn't really had any problems, but this has caused one rather unfortunate side-effect. NO GNOME MEDIA KEYS. I have the plugin installed. Easy as always. But it doesn't work. This is either a regression with Intrepid / Gnome OR it is because of the aforementioned dialog box I have dismissed for the last time.
I like to think positively, so I will imagine that it is because of the dialog box. Now I just need to figure out WHAT the dialog box was for so I can find the configuration file for it and tell it to show those warnings again. That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment