Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Compiz and Intrepid

Do yourself a favor: download CompizConfig Settings Manager. That is one of the first things I do when I install Ubuntu.

TERMINAL:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

This utility lets you add some extra eye-candy beyond the 3 options that you have in Appearance Preferences > Visual Effects. It's fun just to PLAY with Compiz and see what you can do. I always set up my cube, some burn effect for closing windows, some beam effect for opening windows, and play around with some other options.

Intrepid continues the trend of using the current stable Compiz, which means we have new options to check out. Maybe it is just me (or the RAM I added in between installing Hardy and Intrepid), but Compiz seems to run a little faster now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment